Porcelain & Ceramic
Patti-Lynn's carries stunning floor and wall porcelain choices including natural stone looks, marble looks, slate looks, and even hardwood plank looks in a variety of sizes, including rectangular and square formats to create a personal and sophisticated look for your home. Let one of our knowledgeable Sales Staff assist you with finding the tile of your dreams!
More about Porcelain Tile
Porcelain tile is a tile that is generally made by the dust pressed method from porcelain clays which result in a tile that is dense, impervious, fine grained and smooth, with a sharply formed face. Porcelain tiles usually have a much lower water absorption rate (less than 0.5%) than non-porcelain tiles making them frost resistant or frost-proof. Glazed porcelain tiles are much harder and more wear and damage resistant than non-porcelain ceramic tiles, making them suitable for any application from light traffic to the heaviest residential and commercial traffic. Full body (Through Body) porcelain tiles carry the color and pattern through the entire thickness of the tile making them suitable for any application from residential to the highest traffic commercial or industrial applications. Through Body Porcelain tiles are available in matte, unglazed or a high polished finish.
Features & Benefits
- Durability: Ceramic/porcelain Tile is unparalleled in the floor covering industry in its durability. If the right product is chosen and maintained properly, it could easily last the lifetime of the home.
- Stain Resistant: Ceramic/porcelain tile is, in general, the most stain resistant building product in the world. Glazed tile, and even some unglazed tile, resists practically all solutions that could cause staining in other types of floor covering products.
- Hygienic: The face of ceramic/porcelain tile will not retain liquids nor will it absorb smoke, fumes or odors. These properties provide for excellent hygiene.
- Easy to Clean: Plain water or a damp mop is generally all that is required to keep the tile clean.
- Scratch and Scuff Resistant: While no surface is scratch-proof, ceramic tile resists scratches, scuffs and indentations better than any other floor covering.
- Resistant to Fading: Ceramic/porcelain tile will not fade due to sunlight or electrical light.
- Resistant to Burns: Cigarettes or fireplace sparks are no problem for ceramic/porcelain tile.
- Environmentally Friendly: Ceramic/porcelain tile body is 100% natural.
Patti-Lynn is Schluter Certified and are TTMAC Members.
Patti-Lynn has been selling and installing tile, porcelain tile, ceramic tile, floor tile, wall tile, backsplashes, backsplash tile, marble tile, slate tile, stone tile, glass tile, mosaic tile, bathroom tile, kitchen tile, and decorative tile for over 38 years in Southern Ontario, York & Durham Region, Markham, Unionville, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Keswick, Simcoe, Aurora, Port Perry, the Greater Toronto Area and cottage country.
Heated Flooring Systems
Do you love the look of tile, but hate that cold feeling under foot?
Patti-Lynn offers the best in electrical heated flooring systems for your tiled floors at an affordable price. Underfloor heating is no longer an expensive luxury extra. Add the added comfort of warmth!
Simple, just choose your heater and add a thermostat!
Matting: 150W/200W electric underfloor heating mats are simple to use. Self adhesive mesh makes it very easy to lay and the single end connection means you only have to run one cable to the thermostat.
Insulation: Heating mats can be laid onto any substrate and we always reccomend that you lay them onto insulation board for maximum efficiency and vastly reduced running costs.
Cable Kit: 150W Cable Kit systems are the ideal solution where space is at a premium or the room shape is particularly awkward.
Thermostats: Our 8565 is the entry level Thermostat with 7 day 4 event programming and is fully adjustable.
Our 8259 Touchscreen Thermostat: Includes 7 Day, 6 event programming and has an attractive White backlit display.
Each thermostat includes a floor sensor.
Waterproofing & In-Floor Heating
Patti-Lynn knows the importance of ensuring a quality tile installation. Patti-Lynn is a preferred supplier of the Schluter line of waterproofing & In-Floor Heating products including Schluter Ditra lines, Schluter Kerdi lines, as well as kits, drains and other finishing and edge protection products.
Patti-Lynn has been selling and installing Schluter, waterproof membranes, tile waterproofing, tile supplies, ceramic tile supplies and tile installation products for over 38 years in Southern Ontario, York & Durham Region, Markham, Unionville, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Keswick, Simcoe, Aurora, Port Perry, the Greater Toronto Area and cottage country.